Criminal Defense Lawyer in Manhattan
Jason A. Steinberger is a New York City criminal defense attorney. With years of experience, he understands the workings of the criminal justice system. Having once been a prosecutor, he has an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the District Attorney’s office and will use that knowledge to the best of his ability to help you get the best outcome from your criminal case.Trial Advocate Is Important
Specializing in trial advocacy, The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger will vigorously defend you against charges ranging from the smallest New York City criminal misdemeanor and DUI/DWI charges to the largest New York City Felony criminal and DWI/DUI charges.
Having served as a Adjunct Law Professor at Hofstra University School of Law and have tried several cases in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island city courts, the district courts of Nassau and Suffolk counties and the Federal court system, he will be able to take your case from trial completely through the appellate process.Experience is Key
With years of experience as a trial lawyer on both as a prosecutor and defense attorney, The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger are well equipped to handle your case. Many public defenders are over-worked with heavy case loads and may be new to the criminal justice trial system. Using a private lawyer who can focus on the specifics of your case only makes sense. The experience of Jason A. Steinberger is comes from having worked as prosecutor and a trial law professor and is combined with the experience of being a trial lawyer make him a formidable adversary. Whether it is negotiating terms of a plea agreement or taking the case to trial, The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger can handle it.Why Do I Need A Criminal Defense Attorney To Represent Me?
Because of the harsh punishments, you need someone on your side. You need someone who knows how the criminal justice process works and will make sure that all of your legal rights are maintained. From the right to not be questioned without an attorney to making sure that the rules of examination at trial are followed, The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger will be your advocate.
An experienced criminal defense attorney will be by your side during the entire process, giving you the best defense money can buy. They understand the rules of evidence and will work to keep inadmissible evidence from being introduced. From questioning by the police to an appeal, they will guide you in all phases of the process.Practice Areas of Expertise
The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger have experience in local, state and federal cases. These cases include, but are not limited to:
- Traffic Related Crimes such as DUI/DWI, reckless endangerment and vehicular assault.
- White Collar Crimes such as environmental crimes, extortion, government, welfare, wire and bank fraud, and insider trading.
- Sex Crimes such as rape, child abuse, internet pornography and lewd conduct.
- Drug Crimes such as possession, distribution and trafficking.
- Violent Crimes such as murder, armed robbery and kidnapping.
- Misdemeanor Crimes such as petit larceny (shoplifting), disorderly conduct and prostitution.
Specializing in a wide variety of crimes, the Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger will work hard for you. Here are some of the crimes and associated punishments:
- Misdemeanors such as DWI/DUI, Assault, Petit larceny, Reckles Driving and Graffiti. These crimes can carry a sentence of up to 1 year in city or county jail, fines, community service and probation.
- Class E Felonies: Such as Felony DWI/DUI, Grand Larceny, Criminal Possession of Stolen Property and Attempted Felony Assault. These crimes carry a penalty of not less than 1 year and not more than 4 years in a state correctional facility (prison), fines up to $5,000, probation and/or parole.
- Class D Felony: Drug Possession, Felony Assault and Reckless Endangerment. Carries a sentence of at least 2 years and not more than 7 years, fines up to $5,000, probation and/or parole.
- Class C Felony: Gun Possession, Robbery, Attempted Drug Sale and Vehicular Manslaughter and Welfare Fraud. Carries a sentence of 3 ½ -15 years, fines up to $15,000, probation and/or parole.
- Class B Felony: Drugs Sale, Felony Assault, Attempted Murder. Carries a minimum prison sentence of minimum sentence of 1-3 years and a maximum of 8 1/3 -25 years. This is an indeterminate sentence.
- Class B Violent Felony: Robbery, Burglary and Assault in the first degree. Carries and indeterminate sentence of 5-25 years.
- Class A-II Felony: Drug Possession, Drug Sale and Predatory Sexual Assault. Carries an indeterminate prison sentence minimum 3 ½ - 8 years with a maximum of life in prison, $50,000 fines. May have parole, if released.
- Class A-I Felony: Murder and Arson. Carries an indeterminate minimum prison sentence of 15-25 years to a maximum of life, Fines up to $100,000.
With these harsh punishments, trusting an experienced lawyer like the Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger is important. He will put his knowledge and experience into gathering the evidence and cross examining witnesses.What The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger Will Provide For You
When you hire The Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger you are getting expertise, experience and the credentials that you want. Available 24 hours a day, with offices in Manhattan and Bronx to serve you, we will always provide the following:
- Availability when you need it. We offer night and weekend appointments if necessary. We will give you the first available appointment or meet with you at a correctional facility if incarcerated
- Prompt return of phone calls
- Making sure that you understand the exact nature of charges against you and the possible penalties involved
- Answer all questions involving the charges and sentencing
- Appear as your representative in all court appearances
- Provide you with up-to-date information and the current status of your case
- Provide you with all of the available options and the implications of each of them so that you can make an intelligent and informed decision
- Negotiate vigorously to get you the best possible deal
- Investigate to the fullest extent all witnesses and evidence to provide you with the best defense possible. This includes looking over police reports, questioning witnesses, verifying that the evidence was collected in a legally admissible way and a review of the evidence, asking for independent testing when necessary.
For Jason Steinberger, every client deserves justice, no matter how big or small, rich or poor the client may be. This is precisely why a lot of time is spent on reviewing your case properly. Whether it is collecting legal documents, interviewing witnesses, examining evidence, making submissions to the court or sticking to legal deadlines, the Law Offices of Jason A. Steinberger makes sure that attention is paid to every single aspect of your case. This really helps during trial proceedings, Grand Jury hearings or when you want to resolve the case with a plea bargain.Eye for Detail
What sets this legal luminary apart from the rest is his eye for detail. Knowing how important the role of other agencies can be to your case, the Law of Offices of Jason A. Steinberger will consult and review your case with experts in psychiatry, chemistry, weaponry, handwriting, fingerprinting techniques, etc so that it can have a positive bearing on your case. Where required the attorney will conduct mock trials and hearings so that you are better prepared when the matter comes up in the court.Top Criminal and DWI Lawyer in New York
The Law of Offices of Jason A. Steinberger specializes in criminal defense in the trial courts of Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau, Suffolk and the Bronx. Jason operates from offices situated in the Bronx as well as Manhattan. An expert in criminal and DWI defense cases; Jason is one of the most sought after lawyers by clients in the New York region. The one thing that differentiates this legal eagle from others is his understanding of the criminal justice system. He understands that every crime story has two sides to it and that at times it is entirely possible for the law enforcing agencies to make a mistake. At the same time there may be people who may press false criminal charges for their own selfish ends. His experience as an Assistant District Attorney makes him realize that whatever, the District Attorney’s office, the police or the witnesses claim in the court may not always be the truth. It is this knowledge that enables him to successfully defend his clients in the various New York State and Federal courts.What Do You Get?
The biggest advantage is that you have one of the best criminal and DWI defense lawyers by your side. The Law of Offices of Jason A. Steinberger offers services that are personalized. As your attorney, he will provide skillful representation of various aspects of criminal defense and DWI laws so that you are fully aware of what to expect in a court of law. With unmatched expertise in handling a variety of DWI and criminal cases, Jason A. Steinberger has the necessary credentials to represent you and defend your rights.
Call our Manhattan law office today to set an appointment: (646) 256-1007, or you may fill out the contact form on our website.